Frequently Asked Questions
Can I choose what weeks my child attends your camp?
- Yes, you can choose the weeks you would like your child to attend our camp. Every family has a different summer schedule so with our camp design, you can choose to attend weeks 1, 3, and 5 or any other combination you desire. Please just indicate which weeks you want to attend on the camp enrollment form.
Does my child have to attend more than one week?
- If your child is a new incoming student we recommend a minimum of two weeks. The more weeks your child attends the more benefit they will derive from the program.
Are field trips included in the camp weekly price?
- Depending on which camp you choose, field trips may or may not be included. The majority of pricing does NOT include field trips.
Does my child have to go to an AEF School to attend your camp?
- No, your child does not have to attend an AEF school in order to come to AEF summer programs.
Do you offer financial assistance?
- AEF does offer financial assistance for camp programs. Please visit our website to download the forms or contact our Finance Manager.
Can my child come home from overnight camp occasionally?
- We recommend that once your child has adjusted to the overnight camp they do not return home. Special requests may be made.
Where do the children sleep / shower?
- Depending on the schedule, campers sleep in air conditioned cabins, hotel rooms, or dorms. Fully equipped and private bath and shower facilities are always available.
Do you offer academic or tutoring sessions over the summer?
- Yes, we offer a variety of tutoring and school options during the summer. You can choose from the following:
- Summer School only – runs 8:30 – 11:30 or 12:30 – 3:30. Only academics of your choice are provided; no camp activities. This would be for students that need to make up a subject over the summer to earn credit.
- School and Camp – This is our “Mixed” summer program. Tutoring is provided Monday thru Thursday either in small groups or one-on-one depending on how many students participate in the program. Tutoring provided is within the academic subject of your choice. The child is never pulled during the camp activities that are important to them (example: Swimming). This option is the best of both worlds – summer camp fun with academic skills reinforcement.
- Private Tutoring Sessions: These sessions are strictly one-on-one sessions with a tutor in either 30 minute or 1 hour sessions in the academic subject of your choice. Sessions can take place before, during, or after camp. This is provided at an extra cost.